Goodwill manages 23 residences throughout central and southern Maine for individuals with an acquired brain injury, an intellectual disability or other barrier to independence that requires the support of Goodwill staff. Goodwill provides individuals with a comfortable home setting, while ensuring that residents live as independently as possible.
We employ more than 200 Direct Support Professionals to help residents go to work, participate in the community, and achieve their fullest independence. Each year, we celebrate Direct Support Professional Week to recognize the work our employees do each day to help others achieve success.
Services in the residences include:
- 24-hour direct support staff
- Recreational opportunities and outings
- Support with transportation needs
- Case Management Services
- Skill training in personal care & community access
- Vocational training & job placement
- Access to Goodwill NeuroRehabilitation Services