Goodwill accepts donations of computers, printers and related equipment in any condition. ReConnect, a partnership between Goodwill and Dell, offers local residents the opportunity to donate old computers free of charge. All computers and parts are either sold in our 27 retail stores or responsibly recycled by Dell’s Asset Recovery Services.
- To divert used computers and e-waste from landfills
- To provide the community a way to responsibly recycle used computer equipment
- As of 2011, Goodwill has kept more than 3 million pounds of computers and electronic waste out of the landfill!
- Goodwill received a Golden Arrow Award from the Maine Public Relations Council for its work in promoting the ReConnect computer recycling program.
Accepted Computer Donations
- Monitors (if the glass is broken, place the monitor in a cardboard box lined with a plastic garbage bag. Seal the box and clearly label it with “Broken Monitor” and date).
- Computers – Desktop and Laptop (please note that Dell and Goodwill Industries of Northern New England does not accept liability for lost or confidential data or software. You are responsible for backing up any valuable information and erasing sensitive data from the hard drive before donating).
- Printers (including laser and inkjet)
- Scanners (if the glass is broken, place the scanner in a cardboard box lined with a plastic garbage bag. Seal the box and clearly label it with “Broken Scanner” and date).
- Hard Drives (external/internal)
- Keyboards (wired/wireless)
- Mice (wired/wireless)
- Speakers (with/without cables)
- Cord and Cables (including power cords and USB cables)
- Ink and Toner Cartridges (full or empty)
- Software (please include the license key)
- Microsoft Xbox®: Systems & peripherals
- Microsoft Zune®: Systems & peripherals
- Microsoft-branded Webcams