Your donation of time, talent and expertise helps Goodwill provide programs and services for individuals with barriers to independence. Goodwill offers many volunteer opportunities to fit with your schedule and interests. From individual and group projects to internships, Goodwill will work with you to create a volunteer match to fit your needs.
Please note that while volunteers contribute to Goodwill’s mission of helping people find work and gain independence, they do not take on responsibilities that are carried out by paid employees.
- Maintenance of Goodwill Residences, including raking, snow shoveling, painting and gardening
- Assistance in our Community Support programs to help with a wide variety of activities including arts and crafts, board games and leading classes for participants.
- Filing and data entry assistance
- Special projects in retail stores and e-Commerce programs
- Helping participants in our Workforce Solutions programs with computer training
Goodwill offers internship opportunities in many of our programs. Please contact us about available positions.
Group projects are ideal for school clubs/organizations, Girl or Boy Scout troops, sororities/fraternities, sports teams, professional associations, businesses and other organizations who want to make a difference in our community.
Goodwill is able to arrange volunteer programs for groups or individuals interested in one-day projects.
Goodwill is able to work with individuals on a case by case basis toward the completion of their court-mandated community service.
All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Volunteers older than 18 are required to undergo a background check and must meet agency standards and screening requirements, including reference checks and an interview.