Option 1: File in person
Prepared and e-filed free by an IRS-certified volunteer tax preparer. Call 2-1-1 to find a location near you.
Income qualification: 2013 household income less than $52,000 (ADA and interpreter accommodations available upon request)
Option 2: File Online
File for free online. Go to www.myfreetaxes.com
Income qualification: 2013 household income less than $58,000 (Use myfreetaxes.com in every state to prepare & file your federal and state tax return for free. Requires an active email address.)
What You Need
- Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) for each family member and working adult
- W-2s, 1099s and other income forms
- Childcare provider name, address and tax ID
- Bank routing and account numbers for checking and savings accounts
Income Tax Tip: Apply for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and receive up to $6,044!
(Public benefit programs do not count this refund as income for one year.)
The MyFreeTaxes partnership is committed to providing free tax preparation services to taxpayers with disabilities. If you are in need of an ADA accommodation to file your taxes in-person, please contact your local filing site or call 2-1-1 for more information.
Free tax preparation is provided by members and volunteers of CA$H Greater Portland, a program of United Way of Greater Portland and the Greater Portland CA$H Coalition: AARP Tax-Aide, *Casco Federal Credit Union, CEI, Community Financial Literacy, *Goodwill Industries of NNE, *Gorham Savings Bank, *Internal Revenue Service (IRS), *KeyBank, Pine Tree Legal Assistance, Portland Housing Authority, and Women, Work and Community.
*Thank you to our sponsors, including John T. Gorman Foundation.
Make the most of your money!
Visit a CA$H Portland tax site in 2014 and receive:
- Information about funding higher education for you or your children.
- Free and low-cost money saving resources.
- Free credit reports – understand the impact of your credit history.